Project Manager - Regional Forum
Te Kaiārahi wānanga-ā-rohe
Are you an outstanding project manager who wants to make a real difference for New Zealand's natural environment and economy?
This role is responsible for leading our Regional Forum. The Forum has drawn together a diverse group of Southlanders to provide advice to Environment Southland's Council and the Te Ao Mārama Board (the Ngai Tahu ki Murihiku natural resource management agency). Their aim is to improve Southland's water quality and quantity issues.
Excellent communication skills, strong project management and political savviness are essential. You will work closely with the Forum, Te Ao Mārama, and Council, as well as numerous internal and external stakeholders. You will enjoy developing relationships and managing complex issues. If you are organised, adaptable, energetic and outcomes focused then this role could be just what you're looking for.
As the Project Manager - Regional Forum you will need:
- a tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- at least 10 years' experience in project management, facilitation or similar.
- an ability to work with a range of groups, including tangata whenua;
- strong conflict management and problem solving skills;
- the ability to grow and support a team;
- excellent facilitation skills;
- an understanding of the complexity of water management issues,
- an appreciation of Mātauranga Māori;
- a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act 1991 and the National Policy Statement for Freshwater Management (or similar legislation).
We have a lifestyle that's second to none! We boast easy access to beaches, rivers, lakes, ski fields, national parks and first class sports facilities. We pride ourselves on ensuring the work‑life balance of our employees is a priority. With affordable real estate, short commutes and a great range of schools on offer, there is something for everyone!
If you are ready to enjoy all that the Southland lifestyle offers and grow your career, apply today.
An initial remuneration offer will be made in the range $95,795 - $107,065.
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand.